Union relations are an important aspect of your success as a project manager. Maintaining a positive relationship with both the local and its members is a big part of any project. Adhering to the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement is crucial for your company. Union Relations training will allow the project manager to identify how their role plays a part in union relations. Participants will be able to explain the importance of the CBA and essential provisions therein, as well as identify Category 1 language that may differ between locals. Participants will be able to summarize their role in interacting with the union, describe their company’s policies and practices, and identify historical past practices that are not in the agreement, but are common interpretations. Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of understanding the local CBA
- Identify Category 1 language to determine what provisions will vary between locals
- Describe the important provisions of the CBA
- Summarize the PM’s role and interactions with the union
- Describe your company’s policies and practices
- Explain the importance of the superintendent and foreman in the union relationship
- Identify the impact union relations will have on a job.
This course is available in the NECA Learning Center.