Working with a Multi-Generational Team
Date: Thursday, March 28, 2024
Time: 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Location: Zoom Video Conference
Cost: Free NECA Members
$250 for Non-NECA Members and for No-Shows
About this Course: This profound training session will help businesses achieve success by understanding and valuing the diversity in today’s workforce. In today’s dynamic corporate landscape, organizations are witnessing a unique convergence of multiple generations within their workforce. From Baby Boomers to Generation Z, each cohort brings distinct values, communication styles, and work preferences to the table. Successfully managing and leveraging this diversity is a critical challenges for HR professionals and leaders alike. This training session delves deep into the intricacies of the multigenerational workforce, offering insights, strategies, and best practices for harnessing the full potential of a generationally diverse team.
The curriculum will incorporate:
- Understanding the Generations: an overview of Baby Boomers, Gen X, Gen Y Millenials) and Gen Z – their characteristics, values and motivations.
- Bridging the Generation Gap: strategies for fostering collaboration, respect, and communication among different age groups, including understanding and honoring communication preferences and preferred modalities of communication.
- Leadership Across Generations: how leadership styles need to adapt to manage and inspire a multigenerational team effectively. Quiet quitting, resenteeism, loud quitting, coffee badging and bare minimum Monday’s will be addressed in this session.
- Retention: tailoring retention strategies to appeal to a wide range of generations.
- Leveraging Technology: Maximizing the use of technology to facilitate intergenerational knowledge transfer and collaboration.
- Workplace Flexibility: Examining the importance of flexible work arrangements and how they resonate with different generations.
- Learning and Development: Crafting training programs that cater to diverse learning styles and preferences.
Eric Herdman is an accomplished speaker, business leader, and facilitator, who has been speaking professionally in-person for almost three decades and a s a virtual presenter for nearly five years. He draws from his experiences as a small business owner and competitive ultra-endurance athlete to entertain, inform, educate and engage audiences into action.
Eric works with a variety of clients, from government agencies and multibillion-dollar pharmaceutical companies to top financial institutions and national associations. He has published multiple books, most recently Time Energy Focus and The Power of Communication.