Solutions to Resolve Workplace Conflict
Date: Tuesday, August 27, 2024
Time: 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Location: Zoom Video Conference
Cost: Free NECA Members
$250 for Non-NECA Members and for No-Shows
About this Course: Recognizing that conflict is an inevitable and often positive part of any work environment, this training focuses on turning these challenges into opportunities for growth, improved relationships and collaboration. Participants will be introduced to the principles of empathetic communication and conflict resolution, learning how to understand different perspectives and respond to conflicts in a way that values all parties involved. Through a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical exercises, attendees will gain the tools to navigate conflicts with compassion and effectiveness.
This training will delve into the psychological aspects of empathy and its role in de-escalating tense situations. Participants will learn strategies for active listening, expressing understanding and engaging in solution-focused dialogue. The curriculum will incorporate:
- How conflict is normal: Learn how it is part of a growing and developing team and how it can be positive if handled appropriately.
- Understanding empathy: Defining empathy in the context of conflict resolution and its importance in the workplace.
- Psychological and Physiological effects of conflict
- Identifying conflict sources: Learning to identify the root causes of conflicts in a professional setting.
- Active listening skills: Mastering the art of active listening to fully understand all perspectives in a conflict.
- Emotional Intelligence: Enhancing emotional intelligence to better manage and respond to emotions during conflicts.
- Communication techniques: Developing effective communication techniques that convey empathy and understanding.
- De-escalation strategies: Learning strategies to de-escalate tense situations and prevent conflicts from escalating.
Eric Herdman is an accomplished speaker, business leader, and facilitator, who has been speaking professionally in-person for almost three decades and a s a virtual presenter for nearly five years. He draws from his experiences as a small business owner and competitive ultra-endurance athlete to entertain, inform, educate and engage audiences into action.
Eric works with a variety of clients, from government agencies and multibillion-dollar pharmaceutical companies to top financial institutions and national associations. He has published multiple books, most recently Time Energy Focus and The Power of Communication.