Project Management Training
The project manager is an essential part of every electrical construction project. Project managers must determine how to effectively plan, organize and schedule and how to efficiently use labor, subcontractors, materials, time, installed equipment, budgets, construction equipment and company money. They must act as a conduit for information and have great communication skills.
To help new project managers moving into their roles, NECA has created a project management program consisting of thirty short courses that cover the topics all project managers need to know to be successful. Courses can be taken now through the NECA Learning Center. Please contact Juanita Mitchell at the Chapter office if you need help registering for any course.
- Introduction to Preplanning
- Job Kickoff Meetings
- The Baseline Schedule
- Safety Preplanning
- Materials Management
- Tool and Equipment Management
- Planning Crew Size and Structure
- Utilizing Project Controls
- The Schedule: Your Roadmap to Success
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- The Project Manager’s Role in Prefabrication
- The Project Manager’s Role in Safety
- The Project Manager’s Role in Building Information Modeling