How to Lead a Multi-Generational Workforce
This course is being hosted by the Solano/Napa ECT and is free to contributors. There is a $100 fee for non-contributors. The Solano/Napa ECT will invoice non-contributors upon registration.
Date: Thursday, November 14, 2024
Time: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Location: Zoom Video Conference
Click here to register for this seminar
About this Course: As workplaces become increasingly age-diverse, understanding how to effectively lead teams comprising Baby Boomers, Gen X, Millennials, and Gen Z is more important than ever. This workshop offers a deep dive into the varying motivations, communication styles and work ethics of different generations. Through a blend of interactive discussions, activities and expert insights, participants will learn to create a harmonious and productive work environment that leverages the strengths of each generation.
During this training, attendees will explore strategies for fostering intergenerational understanding and collaboration. it emphasizes practical techniques for bridging communication gaps, managing differing expectations, and developing a culture of mutual respect and inclusion. Course curriculum will incorporate:
- Understanding generational differences: Insights into the values, motivations and work preferences of different generations.
- Effective communication strategies: Tailoring communication styles to effectively reach and engage each generation, as well as developing an understanding of the communication modalities each generation prefers.
- Bridging the Generation Gap: Techniques to foster mutual understanding and respect among diverse age groups.
- Adapting Leadership Styles: Learning to modify leadership approaches to meet the needs of a multi-generational team.
- Conflict resolution: Strategies for resolving intergenerational conflicts in a constructive manner.
- Leveraging Diverse Perspectives: How to harness the unique strengths and experiences of each generation for team success.
- Creating an inclusive culture: Building a workplace environment that values and utilizes each generation’s strengths.
Eric Herdman is an accomplished speaker, business leader, and facilitator, who has been speaking professionally in-person for almost three decades and a s a virtual presenter for nearly five years. He draws from his experiences as a small business owner and competitive ultra-endurance athlete to entertain, inform, educate and engage audiences into action.
Eric works with a variety of clients, from government agencies and multibillion-dollar pharmaceutical companies to top financial institutions and national associations. He has published multiple books, most recently Time Energy Focus and The Power of Communication.