Electrical Safety and the NFPA-70E
Sponsored by the Northern California Chapter, NECA Member Services Committee
Dates: Friday, October 25, 2024
Time: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Location: NorCal NECA Office (7041 Koll Center Parkway, Suite 100, Pleasanton)
Cost: Free for NECA Members
or $225.00 for Non-NECA Members and No-Shows
Note: Registration must be paid prior to the class.
Course Description: This course provides an overview of the use and arrangement of the NFPA-70E 2021 Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace. Participants will discuss the signifiant revisions within the 2021 edition, as well as electrical hazards, guidelines to energized vs. de-energized work and decision making.
Topics will also include understanding and applying effective lockout/tag-out procedures, selection and application of appropriate PPE and the supervisor’s responsibility for jobsite safety. Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify concepts and requirements contained in NFPA-70E 2021
- Describe the generally recognized hazard of electrical work
- Discuss the needed personal protective equipment within arc flash and arc blast boundaries
- Discuss potential electrical hazards in the workplace
- Explain the supervisor’s responsibility to jobsite safety
Complete the below registration form to confirm your attendance.
Note: Classes are subject to cancellation two weeks in advance, in the event sufficient registration is not received. No refunds one week prior to class.
Contact Juanita Mitchell at the Chapter office (925) 828-6322, should you have any questions.